This free train library from Precision Nutrition comprises males’s and girls’s variations of over 400 train movies.
It’s designed to be a useful resource for private trainers and power coaches who present distant or on-line exercise teaching. But it’s additionally freely obtainable to anybody else who would possibly profit.
Every train video is filmed from a number of angles and gives efficiency pointers by means of audio narration and textual content overlays.
Plus, every video highlights widespread motion flaws to keep away from throughout every stage of the train.
And it’s all organized right into a searchable, filterable spreadsheet that means that you can copy and paste video hyperlinks—and accompanying textual content train cues—proper into your personal materials.
Personal trainers and power coaches can use this video train library to:
- Include high-quality train demonstrations in your exercise packages—with out having to go looking the web or create your personal movies
- Send purchasers fast and dependable hyperlinks to any train they might have questions on
- Provide purchasers with progressions, regressions, or modifications for in style workouts
And completely anybody can use this PN video library for professional instruction on easy methods to carry out tons of of workouts safely.
As a bonus, we’ve additionally included a 14-day at-home exercise program, to focus on how we use these actions in our Precision Nutrition packages. Feel free to obtain it for your self, or share it with your mates, relations, or purchasers.
To get essentially the most out of this video train library, maintain studying. But in case you’re prepared to leap proper to assets, you possibly can click on the hyperlinks under.
Download Precision Nutrition’s 400+ video train library
Download the 14-day at-home exercise program
How to make use of this video train library
The workouts on this video library are grouped within the downloadable spreadsheet in two other ways:
1. By motion sample. You can seek for any train by class. For instance, in case you’re in search of a regression or development for a goblet squat, you possibly can search by means of different squat sample actions to search out body weight, dumbbell, and barbell squat variations.
2. By title, alphabetically. We’ve additionally included an alphabetical listing of each train within the video library. Plus, you possibly can at all times do a easy key phrase search inside the spreadsheet to search out the train you’re in search of.
Exercise rules for on-line teaching
You could have already got an efficient system for selecting the best workouts on your on-line purchasers. But if not, think about the recommendation that follows.
When deciding on workouts for on-line or distant purchasers, it’s vital to acknowledge this:
The workouts you commonly prescribe to in-person purchasers won’t be acceptable on your on-line purchasers.
The purpose: Compared to in-person teaching, your understanding of your purchasers’ motion expertise—and your potential to boost these expertise by means of teaching—could range considerably alongside a continuum.
For occasion, you’ll have a variety of on-line purchasers that embody:
A. People you additionally work with in-person.
- You understand how properly they transfer and which actions they’re expert in.
- You understand how properly they self-monitor their motion high quality.
- You understand how properly they tempo themselves.
B. People you’ve by no means met in particular person… however you’ve accomplished a radical on-line motion evaluation and gotten to know them.
- You have a great grasp of their bodily capabilities.
- They commonly ship you motion movies for suggestions.
- They pay shut consideration to their type whereas exercising.
C. People you don’t know properly… and with whom you not often correspond.
- You largely ship them exercises and diet materials.
- You briefly examine in with one another a few times a month.
- They advised you they’ve labored out on and off for a very long time, however you’re undecided what that actually means.
Depending on the place purchasers are on this continuum, the next rules apply to some extent.
1. There gained’t be an instantaneous suggestions loop.
Exercise is a type of talent improvement.
Workouts metabolically and neurologically problem motor patterns. This, in flip, elicits the coaching results that develop athletic expertise and produce outcomes.
The improvement of any talent requires that you just begin with a psychological mannequin of what “good” is. For occasion, ask your self: What does a “good” squat or “good” pushup appear like?
The aim is to then apply that psychological mannequin on the fringe of your potential. Example: doing a squat for as many reps as you possibly can with “good” type. (Once your type begins to interrupt down, you’ve exceeded the sting of your potential.)
Over time, the metabolic, structural, and neural challenges of this exercise drive the coaching results we’re all accustomed to:
- stronger muscle tissue
- higher coordination
- much less physique fats
Along the way in which, the standard of the motion sample you apply—that’s, how “good” your psychological mannequin is—impacts the standard of these outcomes. This additionally performs an enormous function in your long-term resiliency and harm danger.
So how do you enhance and strengthen the standard of that motion sample? By making and correcting small errors on the fringe of your potential.
And the power to do this? It depends upon a suggestions loop: a relentless comparability of what you wished to do, what you probably did, and the way you are able to do it higher the following time.
With in-person coaching, that suggestions loop can come instantly and repeatedly from an professional coach.
For occasion, after watching a shopper squat, you would possibly say:
“Hey, on that last set of squats you started to lift your heels a bit and shift stress more into your knees and lower back. Next time, let’s mentally focus on keeping your heels rooted into the ground when you’re under fatigue. Or we can adjust the weight or reps to keep you in a quality pattern.”
In on-line teaching, although, that suggestions loop can solely come from the shopper. The apparent drawback: It’s very troublesome for folks to self-monitor delicate shifts in motion high quality whereas understanding.
This implies that small errors—and generally huge ones—can proceed unchecked for a very long time. That slows down talent acquisition, and thus, progress. Worse, it might result in motion dysfunction and irritating accidents.
This brings us to level #2.
2. It’s vital to depend on “high-fidelity” workouts.
Clearly, lack of speedy suggestions is a problem for on-line teaching.
But there’s a sensible option to account for this: Adjust your train choice to favor “high-fidelity” actions.
These are workouts which are prone to be executed accurately with out suggestions and whereas below fatigue.
Think of two variables when selecting an train:
- The desired motion sample (for instance, a squat sample)
- The loading essential to get the specified coaching impact (for this particular shopper, at this specific spot of their exercise, and at this level of their total coaching program)
From right here, select the train with the best chance of being executed safely and accurately… with out suggestions… whereas below stress and fatigue… and whereas nonetheless assembly circumstances 1 and a couple of.
That’s a mouthful, we all know. But the purpose: Considering every of those elements will provide help to select the perfect workouts for every shopper.
And maintain thoughts: A high-fidelity train for one shopper will not be a high-fidelity train for one more shopper.
But some actions typically meet the usual for most individuals. Here’s a shortlist of high-fidelity workouts you would possibly prioritize, and low-fidelity workouts you’ll need to program with higher discretion.
These workouts can often be executed comparatively reliably below fatigue with minimal suggestions.
- Goblet squats
- Pushup variations
- Dumbbell reverse lunge variations
- Dumbbell rows
- Weighted carries
Typically, you solely need to use these workouts with 1) individuals who you realize are extremely expert in performing them and self-monitor successfully, or 2) folks that you just’re working with in-person—in an effort to present speedy suggestions as they practice.
- Kettlebell swings, snatches, and cleans
- Olympic lifts
- Overhead squats
three. Adjusting protocols is simpler than various workouts.
Let’s say you’ve chosen workouts your shopper can execute safely and accurately… with out suggestions… and whereas below stress and fatigue.
Now the place do they go from right here?
To enhance, you need to add simply sufficient novelty and problem in order that they’re breaking equilibrium and adapting to new stimuli. That is, make them work a bit bit tougher however with out forcing them past the sting of their potential.
One method so as to add novelty is to range the motion sample by selecting a brand new train. For occasion, transferring from a goblet squat to a barbell squat.
This is the default strategy for many individuals.
But bear in mind, the aim isn’t to do essentially the most variations of an train; the aim is to get higher on the motion sample itself, to be able to accrue the variations that come from coaching progress.
The only and environment friendly method to do this is to regulate the coaching protocol, not the motion. Specifically, you would possibly regulate:
- Rest durations
- Time durations
- Exercise combos
In reality, by manipulating these variables, the character and magnitude of the stress you possibly can impose on the physique with a single train is almost limitless.
Think of all of the efficient coaching strategies from the previous few many years:
And numerous others.
What do all of them have in widespread? Most of them may be accomplished with the identical dozen workouts.
Here’s the factor: Progress isn’t actually in regards to the workouts you select. It’s about how far you possibly can take these workouts, by means of strategic programming.
How to Progress Exercises
Here at Precision Nutrition, we consider train development in two methods:
- Intra-exercise development: This is completed by adjusting the way in which you carry out a selected train, a.ka. the coaching protocol. For instance, including extra units and reps is a type of intra-exercise development.
- Inter-exercise development: This is while you range the train itself, by utilizing a dumbbell as a substitute of a barbell, or by holding the burden in a unique place (and so forth).
Let’s check out each in additional element.
You can use intra-exercise development by adjusting these variables:
- Quality: Improving train method (that is typically low-hanging fruit, and should at all times be thought-about).
- Volume: Increasing the numbers of units and/or reps.
- Density: Increasing the variety of reps carried out in a selected time-frame.
- Intensity: Increasing the burden used for an train.
- Complexity: Incorporating constraints on charge of perceived exertion, coronary heart charge, or respiratory (e.g. completely nose-breathing or utilizing a hard and fast variety of breaths throughout restoration intervals, comparable to throughout a respiratory ladder).
If your protocol or program isn’t concentrating on a rise in one among these variables, you might be distracting your self from the issues that matter.
Only after you’ve explored the boundaries of progress you may make from intra-exercise progressions is it usually mandatory and useful to begin with inter-exercise progressions.
For occasion, let’s say you’ve been engaged on squats.
You (or your shopper) began with a body weight squat and fairly shortly mastered that sample, focusing initially on the standard of the motion.
You’re in a position to squat deeply together with your heels firmly rooted to the bottom, with good positioning and motion at your ankles, knees, hips, and backbone.
To progress, you would add some density and quantity by growing your whole reps and doing them in much less time. But for the coaching variations you actually need, you want some exterior load.
Based on that, it’s time to modify to a loaded model of the train, comparable to a goblet squat. This is an inter-exercise development.
With this transformation, you possibly can regulate the quantity of weight you’re transferring, which provides one other intra-exercise variable you possibly can progress over time.
Remember, you’re following the identical elementary guidelines of standards: Your heels are rooted, lumbar backbone and pelvis are secure, hips are cellular, knees, and ankles observe properly. This stays with you for each development.
Keep progressing with these rules.
Once you’ve switched the train you’re utilizing, you possibly can return to specializing in intra-exercise development.
For instance, you would possibly work as much as goblet squatting a 100-pound dumbbell for many reps (quantity development) in minimal time (density development). Then you would do a high-volume, high-density exercise whereas consciously controlling your respiratory (complexity development).
From right here, you might need to add extra weight once more, however you’re restricted by the quantity you possibly can maintain within the goblet place (otherwise you don’t have a heavier dumbbell). As a outcome, it is advisable to select a brand new train variation on this sample. So you’re again to inter-exercise development.
In this case, you would possibly select a barbell squat variation, like a entrance squat or again squat.
With these barbell lifts, your coaching depth may be elevated infinitely. Every exercise may be made more difficult by placing extra weight on the bar.
Most vital: You’re prepared for this since you’ve constructed a powerful basis to work from. That’s since you hung out constructing resilience and work capability by pushing your limits on intra-exercise progressions.
This course of—going from a body weight squat to a goblet squat to a barbell squat—might take a number of months.
Some folks won’t ever have to squat a barbell as a result of they’ll accomplish what they want with a dumbbell.
But for many who do progress to barbell squats? The potentialities are infinite. They can play with protocol variations that drive intra-exercise progress for the remainder of their life.
Figuring out easy methods to do all of this requires plenty of individualization.
You’ll have to resolve which progressions to deal with, in what sequence, and easy methods to monitor them, together with realizing what the precise objectives are.
You have to ask questions like:
- What variations are you making an attempt to induce?
- Are you working with an athlete with particular sport calls for? Someone making an attempt to construct muscle? Lose fats? Gain freedom from again ache? Get their physician to cease chastising them?
- What type of gear does your shopper have entry to?
- What else is occurring of their life?
- How a lot time have they got to coach?
- What’s their motion background previous to working with you?
Every state of affairs would require a unique strategy and a unique layering of progressions and variations.
The development described above—from body weight to goblet to barbell again squat—entails simply three workouts, in all probability over a protracted time frame. Yet it permits for great progress. (We’re not suggesting a program would solely contain squatting workouts, by the way in which.)
Our level: The artwork of programming exercises lies rather more in how one can construct new ranges of power and capability inside a motion sample than what number of completely different workouts you possibly can give you.
Of course, you would possibly surprise then…
Why are we offering a video library of 400 workouts?
A couple of causes:
- Clients have completely different beginning factors, objectives, talents, and preferences, which requires a full toolbox of motion choices
- You could have to range workouts in distinctive methods to be able to enhance the load (a feet-elevated pushup as a substitute of an everyday pushup)
- If a shopper will get injured or has a setback, you might have to modify or regress an train
- There could also be a change in obtainable coaching gear, like if a shopper switches gyms or begins coaching solely at house
But regardless of how you utilize this train library, we hope you discover it—and the accompanying data—to be a useful useful resource.
Download Precision Nutrition’s 400+ video train library
Click the Google Sheet to obtain the video train library.
Download the 14-day at-home exercise program
Click the PDF to obtain the exercise program.
If you’re a coach, otherwise you need to be…
Learning easy methods to coach purchasers, sufferers, pals, or relations by means of wholesome consuming, train, and life-style adjustments—in a method that’s protected, efficient, and customized for his or her distinctive physique, preferences, and objectives—is each an artwork and a science.
If you’d wish to be taught extra about each, think about the Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification. The subsequent group kicks off shortly.
What’s all of it about?
The Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification is the world’s most revered diet training program. It provides you the information, techniques, and instruments it is advisable to actually perceive how meals influences an individual’s well being and health. Plus the power to show that information right into a thriving teaching apply.
Developed over 15 years, and confirmed with over 100,000 purchasers and sufferers, the Level 1 curriculum stands alone because the authority on the science of diet and the artwork of teaching.
Whether you’re already mid-career, or simply beginning out, the Level 1 Certification is your springboard to a deeper understanding of diet, the authority to teach it, and the potential to show what you realize into outcomes.
[Of course, in case you’re already a scholar or graduate of the Level 1 Certification, take a look at our Level 2 Certification Master Class. It’s an unique, year-long mentorship designed for elite professionals trying to grasp the artwork of teaching and be a part of the highest 1% of well being and health coaches on the planet.]
Interested? Add your title to the presale listing. You’ll save as much as 30% and safe your spot 24 hours earlier than everybody else.
We’ll be opening up spots in our subsequent Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification on Wednesday, October seventh, 2020.
If you need to discover out extra, we’ve arrange the next presale listing, which provides you two benefits.
- Pay lower than everybody else. We wish to reward people who find themselves keen to spice up their credentials and are able to decide to getting the training they want. So we’re providing a reduction of as much as 30% off the final worth while you join the presale listing.
- Sign up 24 hours earlier than most people and enhance your probabilities of getting a spot. We solely open the certification program twice per 12 months. Due to excessive demand, spots in this system are restricted and have traditionally bought out in a matter of hours. But while you join the presale listing, we’ll provide the alternative to register a full 24 hours earlier than anybody else.
If you’re prepared for a deeper understanding of diet, the authority to teach it, and the potential to show what you realize into outcomes… that is your likelihood to see what the world’s prime skilled diet teaching system can do for you.