A candy and savory breakfast choice for the autumn and winter, this Apple Pumpkin Frittata options cinnamon and gouda cheese. It’s a simple vegetarian egg bake for a weekend brunch or vacation breakfast, and with solely 10 minutes of prep time, you’ll be able to whip it up earlier than your company arrive!
This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, see my affiliate disclosure.
Is it too early to be enthusiastic about what to make for Christmas morning breakfast? Considering that there was a November dusting of SNOW in a single day, I don’t suppose so…
At least it’s positively not too early to consider what to serve on Thanksgiving morning! This 12 months will probably be our first time internet hosting Thanksgiving in our new home, and I’m so excited to plan our menu, together with one thing for Turkey Day breakfast.
At the second, I’m deciding between my Easy Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake, Sourdough Breakfast Strata with Kale, and/or my Spiced Parsnip and Apple Baked Oatmeal, with Carrot Orange Mimosas to clean all of it down in fact!
But this pumpkin frittata recipe may simply have to make the minimize too. It’s one of the vital flavorful egg bakes I’ve ever tasted! And it’s loaded with among the greatest fall elements, like roasted pumpkin, Gala apples, and floor cinnamon. Can you say yum?
Besides the wonderful taste, you’ll love the minimal prep time. The oven does a lot of the give you the results you want on this one, of us.
How to Make Pumpkin Frittata
Frittatas are VERY simple to make, and this one isn’t any exception! The most troublesome half is peeling and dicing a small pie pumpkin (remember to take away the seeds and roast them for a snack if you need), and that’s not onerous in any respect.
After you cube the pumpkin, you’ll need to roast it (with somewhat olive oil, salt, and pepper). When that’s completed, observe these fast steps to frittata heaven (extra information in recipe card under):
- Sautee diced apples in olive oil in a 12-inch forged iron skillet. Add the roasted pumpkin.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Pour over the apples and pumpkin. Let it cook dinner for 1-2 minutes till the eggs “set” on the underside (see picture under).
- Sprinkle the gouda cheese on high.
- Bake within the oven, eat, and revel in!
Expert Tips for Cooking, Serving, and Storing Frittatas
- When you pour the egg combination over the apples and pumpkin within the skillet, fastidiously tilt the skillet along with your fingers (don’t overlook oven mitts!) so to make sure that the eggs evenly coat the underside.
- Be cautious to not overcook the frittata. No one likes a dry egg bake. Put the frittata within the oven as quickly because the eggs set, and maintain the cooking time between 12 and 15 minutes. The eggs will proceed to cook dinner somewhat bit within the skillet after you take away the frittata from the oven/earlier than you serve it.
- If you don’t have a forged iron skillet, you can use any oven-safe skillet (ideally a 10- or 12 inch one.
- Substitution concepts: butternut or acorn squash as a substitute of pumpkin, cheddar as a substitute of gouda, and pumpkin pie spice as a substitute of cinnamon
- Serve with a aspect salad of arugula or spinach tossed in lemon juice and olive oil or a slice of freshly toasted bread and butter.
- Pumpkin frittata tastes greatest when eaten straight away, however you’ll be able to retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 2-Three days. Reheat within the microwave.
Craving extra pumpkin? Check out my One Pot Pumpkin Tomato Pasta and Vegan Peanut Butter Cups with Pumpkin.
If you make this recipe, remember to fee and evaluation it within the feedback under, and don’t overlook to observe and tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall on Instagram! Looking for one thing completely totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Apple Pumpkin Frittata with Gouda
A candy and savory vegetarian frittata recipe with roasted pumpkin. Great for weekend brunch or the vacations.
Print Pin Rate
Cost: $2 per serving
- 1 small pie pumpkin – peeled, deseeded, and diced
- Three tbsp olive oil – divided
- 1 massive Gala apple – or 2 small apples, cored and diced; can sub any selection
- eight eggs – crushed
- 1/2 cup milk – can use cow’s or plant-based
- 1/Four tsp cinnamon
- 1/eight tsp sea salt
- 1/eight tsp floor black pepper
- 1 cup gouda cheese – freshly shredded
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
Cut the highest off the small pumpkin, peel, slice in half, and take away the seeds. Dice the pumpkin into 1″ cubes. Transfer to the lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss with a spatula or your fingers and add salt and pepper to style. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till fork-tender.
In the meantime, core and cube the apples. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
When the pumpkin is completed cooking, warmth the final 2 tbsp of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet (forged iron or one other oven-safe sort) over medium-high warmth. Add the diced apples and cook dinner for Three-Four minutes. Add the pumpkin and use a spoon to unfold the pumpkin and apples out evenly within the skillet.
Pour the egg combination on high. Use your fingers (with oven mitts on) to fastidiously tilt the skillet in order that the eggs evenly coat the underside. Sprinkle the gouda cheese on high. Let the eggs cook dinner for 1-2 minutes, or simply till they “set” on the underside. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or till the eggs are cooked by way of.
Remove from oven, minimize into 6 slices, and serve instantly. Enjoy!
- Put the frittata within the oven as quickly because the eggs set, and don’t overcook. The eggs will proceed to cook dinner somewhat bit within the skillet after you’re taking it out of the oven.
- Substitutions/additions: any winter squash for pumpkin, cheddar instead of gouda, and pumpkin pie spice as a substitute of cinnamon.
- Serve with a aspect salad or toast and butter.
- Store leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 2-Three days. Reheat within the microwave.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 258mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 951mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 19848IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 336mg | Iron: Threemg