Crispy artichoke hearts with aioli make a scrumptious appetizer or snack! This simple recipe options canned artichokes and only a handful of different elements. You gained’t consider how easy and engaging it’s!
This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see my affiliate disclosure.
Welcome to my newest version of pantry cooking that’s nonetheless seasonally applicable! Artichoke season is right here, however as an alternative of speeding out to the grocery retailer to purchase some contemporary ones, I’m celebrating with canned artichoke hearts.
If you even have a can of those readily available, this DELISH recipe is precisely what it’s worthwhile to remodel them into one thing superb. I’m critical after I say that crispy artichoke hearts are about to grow to be your new favourite snack.
Besides the star ingredient, they solely want some melted butter, grated parmesan, and breadcrumbs to return collectively. I added a simple Greek yogurt aioli for dipping, too. Mmmm.
Not solely are crispy artichoke hearts a lighter possibility for a day snack (they’re crunchy and salty BUT additionally wealthy in fiber and technically a vegetable), in addition they make an incredible appetizer for dinner events or vacation gatherings.
How to Make Crispy Artichoke Hearts
- Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander, then gently press them in between two paper towels to squeeze out extra moisture.
- Place each in a bowl with melted butter and blend till coated.
- Transfer to a different bowl with parmesan and breadcrumbs and blend till coated once more.
- Arrange on a baking sheet, and pop within the oven for 15-18 minutes. While that’s occurring, make the aioli, and voila!
I like to recommend utilizing quartered artichoke hearts canned in water to make crispy artichoke hearts, however you can even get complete ones and quarter them your self.
I haven’t tried this recipe with marinated artichoke hearts or these canned in brine, however I think about it could nonetheless work! They could have a tangier style.
For one 14-ounce can, you’ll seemingly use all the butter and parmesan/breadcrumb coating. Make positive every artichoke coronary heart is totally coated in butter earlier than coating it within the crunchy exterior. If the butter begins to agency up a short while you’re coating the artichokes, put it within the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to re-melt it.
These are finest served straight away, however you possibly can hold them within the fridge for a pair days. They lose their crisp over time.
The Greek yogurt aioli is a scrumptious addition to crispy artichoke hearts, however you can even serve them with common aioli or some kind of spicy yogurt dip. I guess they might style nice with melted butter blended with lemon juice, much like what you serve with cooked complete artichokes.
More Canned Artichoke Heart Recipes
I’d love to listen to how you want this recipe! Rate/evaluation utilizing the celebrities on the recipe card or within the feedback, and comply with the Veg World on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for one thing completely completely different? Browse the recipe library.
Baked Crispy Artichoke Hearts with Greek Yogurt Aioli
Transform canned artichoke hearts right into a crunchy, scrumptious appetizer in lower than 30 minutes.
Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 folks
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts – ideally quartered and canned in water
- 1/four cup butter – melted
- 1/four cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/four cup breadcrumbs
For the Greek yogurt aioli:
- 1/four cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp contemporary dill – chopped; elective
- Salt – to style
- Freshly floor black pepper – to style
Preheat the oven to 425 levels F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander within the sink. If they aren’t already quartered, rigorously quarter them with a knife on a chopping board. Place the artichoke hearts in between two paper towels or clear kitchen towels and gently press to take away extra moisture.
Set up a station with two bowls: one with melted butter and one with the parmesan and breadcrumbs blended collectively. Place every artichoke coronary heart within the melted butter (roll round to coat) then the breadcrumb combination (roll round to coat). Arrange the artichoke hearts in single layers on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes till crunchy and flippantly browned.
While the artichoke hearts are roasting, whisk collectively the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and regulate seasonings as desired. Serve the artichoke hearts with the dip, and luxuriate in!
- These are finest served straight away however can final for a few days within the fridge (they may lose their crips over time although).
- Make positive the artichoke hearts are absolutely coated within the melted butter earlier than coating them within the parmesan/breadcrumbs. That manner, they’ll be as crispy as attainable! If the butter begins to agency up a bit, put it within the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to re-melt it.
- Other dipping sauce choices embody: common aioli, spicy yogurt dip, or melted butter blended with lemon juice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: fourg | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 939IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg
Happy snacking! – Lizzie
Want to eat extra seasonal veggies? Get your meal plan right now!