Spicy Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks are the proper finger meals for sport day! They’re loaded with taste and take solely 15 minutes to arrange.
Looking for another sport day snacks? Check out the Baked Kohlrabi Chips with Shallot Yogurt Dip and Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip when you’re right here.
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, see my affiliate disclosure.
Playoff soccer is formally in session, and it’s one of the best time of yr…for snacks! I imply, when you don’t have a killer snack unfold when you’re watching a sport, does it even rely?
I’m assuming that because you landed on this recipe for tremendous yummy, tremendous straightforward buffalo chickpea salad stuffed into celery, you’re on the identical web page as me.
This celery appetizer recipe is SO nice for SO many causes. For one, it options buffalo and blue cheese…a match made in heaven! Second, it requires very minimal chopping and NO oven time. Perfect for a final minute get-together with mates for the sport, proper?
So, with out additional adieu, let’s get to the great things. You most likely have a sport to look at, in spite of everything!
How to Make Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks
- Combine cooked chickpeas, chopped crimson onion and celery, Greek yogurt, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese in a big mixing bowl. Stir till mixed.
- Slice celery stalks into thirds. Then, use a pointy knife to shave off the again of every celery piece, in order that it lays flat on a serving tray. Stuff ’em up, and revel in!
Wait, that may’t be it, can it?!
Oh, it certain is, mates.
- Look for massive celery stalks which are broad sufficient to carry the buffalo chickpea salad.
- I used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, however when you can’t discover that, you need to use a smaller quantity of Frank’s Red Hot Original Hot Sauce.
- I combined the buffalo sauce with Greek yogurt for a bit added diet, however you may sub ranch dressing when you don’t have yogurt available.
- This is a nice recipe to make prematurely. Store the buffalo chickpea salad in an hermetic container within the fridge and assemble the celery sticks proper earlier than serving.
For a flavorful end, add one other drizzle of buffalo sauce and a sprinkle of bleu cheese crumbles proper earlier than serving. Ooo! and I simply considered one other approach to make use of it…on prime of cucumber slices.
Mmmm. As you may see, I’m fairly enthusiastic about this one.
More Vegetable Game Day Recipes
Want to serve this buffalo chickpea salad alongside another wholesome snacks? Check out:
If you make this recipe, I’d love to listen to the way you prefer it! Rate/overview the dish utilizing the celebrities on the recipe card or within the feedback part.
Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks
This crunchy snack is a plant-based spin on buffalo hen salad, and it is good for sport day!
Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 items
- 1 15.5 ouncescan chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1/Four cup crimson onion – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1/Four cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles – extra to style
- eight stalks celery – sliced into thirds
In a big bowl, mix chickpeas, chopped crimson onions, buffalo sauce, Greek yogurt, and blue cheese crumbles. Thinly slice 1 stalk of celery and add it to the combination. Mix nicely.
Slice every celery stalk into three items. Use a pointy knife to shave the again of every piece to assist them lay flat. Transfer the celery sticks to a serving dish.
Stuff every bit with a spoonful of chickpea salad. Garnish with a drizzle of buffalo sauce and extra blue cheese crumbles to style.
- If you wouldn’t have buffalo sauce, you need to use a smaller quantity of sizzling sauce as a substitute.
- You could make this prematurely. Keep the buffalo chickpea salad within the fridge and assemble the celery sticks proper earlier than serving.
- Leftovers can final in an hermetic container within the fridge for 2-Four days.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg
This recipe for Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks was initially printed in August 2018 and up to date with new images and knowledgeable suggestions in January 2020.