Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet is a straightforward, one-pot, gluten-free meal filled with rice, hen, cheese and veggies, that the entire household will take pleasure in!
Disclosure: I used to be requested to take part on this marketing campaign with Cabot Creamery as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I used to be compensated for my time.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet will certainly make it’s approach into your weeknight rotation! It’s not simple discovering meals which can be wholesome, simple to arrange and successful with the entire household.
However, this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet suits the invoice AND it’s a one-pan meal- my favourite! This dish packs a number of meals teams into one pan- veggies, grains and protein!
I used Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese which is minimally processed with simply milk, cheese making cultures and salt! It is gentle sufficient for the children, but in addition offers your dishes a bit further punch. Feel free to sub one other cheese you want, equivalent to Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
The excellent news about Cabot Cheddars is that everybody can take pleasure in them. They’re naturally lactose-free and gluten-free, and provide a crowd-pleasing supply of protein for any household meal. Cheese makes the whole lot style nice!
Adding broccoli and cauliflower on this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet bumps up the nutrient content material whereas including further fiber.
Of course when you have a brilliant choosy child, you’ll be able to simply work across the broccoli and cauliflower. However it would simply get them to eat their veggies when paired with some scrumptious melted cheese!
How to make prep this recipe with ease:
- Look for the pre-prepped baggage of veggies
- Use a rotisserie hen or pre-shredded hen from the grocery retailer
- Grate your cheese upfront
- Measure out your elements earlier than you get began
Items utilized in making this recipe:
- A great skillet with a good becoming lid as this dish will go from range high to oven
Looking for different one pot meals? Check out these recipes:
As in lots of my recipes, cheese likes to make an look! For extra recipe inspiration, observe Cabot Creamery on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet with Pepper Jack
Author: Melanie F. | Nutritious Eats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Three tablespoons sliced inexperienced onions, divided
- 2¼ cup combined broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 2 cup shredded hen (rotisserie works nice)
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 cup natural hen inventory
- ½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cup shredded Cabot Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- Three tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 levels. Melt butter and olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic, inexperienced onion, broccoli and cauliflower and saute for two minutes. Next, stir in hen and rice.
- Add broth, then yogurt and stir properly to mix, carry combination to a simmer. Stir in ¾ cup of the Pepper Jack cheese and a couple of tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
- Place lid on the skillet and place within the oven for 20 minutes, till a lot of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Carefully take away pan from oven. Remove lid and high with remaining tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and ½ cup Pepper Jack cheese. With lid off, place skillet again within the oven and broil for 2-Three minutes or till cheese has melted and is barely browned on high. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of diced inexperienced onions and serve. Serve with jalapeno sizzling sauce for the adults if desired.