Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 giant yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons gentle paprika
- half teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 medium candy potatoes, peeled and diced (5 cups)
- 1 (540mL/19oz) can of chickpea, drained
- 1 (398mL/14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable inventory
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- In a big pot over medium warmth, add the olive oil. Once heat, add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin and harissa paste and prepare dinner till the spices are aromatic, one other 2-Three minutes.
- Add the candy potatoes, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, vegetable inventory and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and scale back to a simmer, barely coated, permitting to prepare dinner till the potatoes are tender, 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt to style. Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/