I’ve been all about crockpot meals these days, however I’m additionally very specific in regards to the forms of crockpot recipes I exploit. For me, any recipe I comply with must be a “dump and cook” kind recipe. Not one which requires a ton of cooking steps earlier than the objects go into the crockpot. That is why I like these crockpot hen fajitas, that are additionally very kid-friendly.
Crockpot recipes are nice for a lot of causes (notably the truth that they prepare dinner if you are doing different issues.) One of my favourite issues about crockpot recipes is you can make giant quantities of meals so you may get a number of meals out of 1 recipe.
The greatest crockpot hen fajitas
For these of you who comply with together with me usually, you understand I’m all about creating recipes which are kid-friendly, notably as they relate to having decrease salt and added sugars, two elements I personally attempt to restrict in younger children. I additionally love encouraging children to attempt veggies in new methods whereas additionally getting in a great supply of iron. These crockpot hen fajitas match the invoice! Some different causes I like them:
- The hen comes out tremendous comfortable and tender-great for infants, toddlers and younger children who are inclined to push meat and different iron-rich meals apart.
- Chicken is a good supply of heme iron, additionally necessary for infants and younger children creating brains.
- The tomatoes and peppers are a great supply of vitamin c which helps soak up iron much more effectively.
- This recipe makes lots of meals! I made this when my mother and father have been coming to go to, so it fed four adults + 1 toddler for the preliminary meal + sufficient leftovers for 2-Three further meals.
- I used the leftovers to make quesadillas the subsequent day and make sufficient further quesadillas to freeze for one more meal on a weeknight after I didn’t have a lot time.
- Using 1 recipe to make a number of meals saves each TIME and MONEY, two issues mother and father don’t normally have lots of.
Why crockpot hen fajitas vs. cooking one other approach
This is straightforward! When you utilize the crockpot, you merely add the elements, flip it on and let it prepare dinner. No have to be consistently checking the oven, standing by the range or cope with cooking when you have a screaming toddler in your leg. 🙂
I’ve moved towards utilizing crockpot recipes VERY usually since my daughter got here alongside. And, I’m all about serving to different mothers get nutritious dinners on the desk that assist their children study to love a wide range of meals however in a low-stress approach.
Recipes for hope marketing campaign
Saving mother and father money and time is one thing I’m captivated with. Throughout my years working as a pediatric dietitian, I’ve encountered quite a few food-insecure households. I consider all households ought to have entry to high quality healthcare, nutritious meals, and training on find out how to put together meals in healthful ways in which additionally stretch their finances.
That is why I’ve agreed to accomplice with Convoy of Hope for the 2019 Recipes for hope marketing campaign. Since as we speak is world meals day (which promotes consciousness and motion for many who endure from starvation), I needed to share this recipe and this marketing campaign with all of you! (**This is NOT a sponsored put up, only a subject I’m captivated with.)
Over 800 million individuals world wide endure from starvation and serving to them is simpler than we predict! Convoy is taking main motion particularly addressing the difficulty of starvation by means of their youngsters’s feeding initiative. Through this Feed ONE initiative, they’re feeding 200,000 children in 14 totally different international locations world wide. To study extra about how one can assist, go to: Feed ONE right here!
Now, I’m not a meals blogger so I don’t have any extra lovely photographs of those fajitas to share, so I’ll get straight to sharing the recipe.
I hope you take pleasure in these! If you make them, I’d like to see your crockpot hen fajitas put up on social media! Tag me on Instagram @ElementNutrition.Kids so I can see 🙂 You may also come be a part of my free fb group for folks and share there!