Growing Your Own Mushrooms
1. Sauté. Easy as 1, 2, Three! Brush pan calmly with oil and warmth on excessive. Add a single layer of mushrooms. Turn as soon as mushrooms change into reddish-brown on one facet [after a few minutes]. Cook till the opposite facet turns the identical colour, take away from warmth. Add to any dish!
2. Grill and Broil [best for larger capped mushrooms, such as Portabellas]. Lightly brush caps and stems with oil and season as desired. Grill or broil four to six inches from warmth supply for four to six minutes on either side, brushing a few times. Tip: Make these savory mushrooms the “main stage” of the meal.
Three. Roast for Flavor. Roasting mushrooms is ideal for multitasking cooks. Preheat oven to 450 levels. Brush mushrooms with oil [about 1 tablespoon of oil for each 8 ounces of mushrooms]. Place mushrooms on a shallow baking pan within the oven. Stir often till brown [about 20 minutes].
four. Steam within the Microwave. Microwaved mushrooms can clean up lunchtime meals loved at work or house. Place eight ounces of sliced mushrooms in a microwaveable bowl. Cover and cook dinner on 100% energy for 2-Three minutes. Toss onto a sizzling sandwich, chili, soup or packaged meal.
5. Freshen Up Your Meals. Toss contemporary mushrooms in your on a regular basis meals like lasagna or soup so as to add key vitamins with no fats, little energy and no ldl cholesterol.
6. Sandwich Swap. Cut slices of Portabella mushrooms on your favourite sandwich as an alternative of meat for a wholesome cheap swap.
7. Save for Later. Sauté contemporary mushrooms and retailer them within the freezer for as much as a month. Careful: Fresh, raw mushrooms ought to by no means be frozen.
eight. Bag the Burger. Have a burger craving? Try swapping your burger for a grilled Portabella on a bun together with your favourite condiments. Your style buds will love the meaty texture and your physique will respect the swap.
2. Wikipedia, Mushrooms