For an equally crispy and engaging substitution for potato chips, give wholesome Baked Parsnip Chips a strive! They’re a scrumptious marriage of salty and candy, and a straightforward, nutritious snack. You’ll wish to eat the entire batch!
This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, see my affiliate disclosure.
This week, I attended a tremendous meals and dietitian running a blog convention known as Blog Brulee in Smuggler’s Notch, VT. It was an unimaginable expertise, and my thoughts is spinning with a lot inspiration and enthusiasm!
So, as you may think about, I’m fairly exhausted as I sit down and write this put up about Baked Parsnip Chips. (I’m very glad that it is a Three-ingredient recipe with out too many steps!)
But I needed to share this recipe ahead of later as a result of 1) you most likely gained’t wish to stay with out parsnip chips for that for much longer, and a couple of) they’re the good snack for soccer Saturdays within the fall (cough, tomorrow, cough).
If you’re not acquainted with parsnips, they’re the pale yellow cousin of carrots and have a candy, barely anise style. I really like them roasted, shredded into baked oatmeals, or blended into soups.
But consuming them as chips is the proper technique to strive them when you’re a parsnip beginner! Plus, this recipe is appropriate for paleo, vegan, and gluten free diets.
How to Choose Parsnips to Make Chips
Before you commit to creating this recipe, it’s essential to search for parsnips which are pretty giant. This is as a result of they actually shrink within the oven. So, the larger you may slice the discs to start with, the higher.
Peak parsnip season is from fall via spring, so you might have one of the best likelihood of discovering greater parsnips to make chips throughout this time.
How to Make Crispy Parsnip Chips
Once you might have your parsnips, listed below are a few of my finest suggestions for making crispy baked vegetable chips that don’t burn.
- To slice skinny discs: I extremely advocate utilizing a mandoline to slice parsnips. You need the slices to be very skinny, just like the scale of a dime or quarter, in order that they crisp up and cook dinner evenly within the oven. You may also use a really sharp knife, however know that you’ll have some chips that aren’t as crispy as others.
- Oil: Use olive or avocado oil to coat the chips earlier than you place them on a lined baking sheet to enter the oven. However, you don’t wish to use an excessive amount of oil. I like to recommend about 2 tbsp for Four-5 parsnips.
- Cooking time and temperature: Parsnip chips cook dinner finest at 350 levels F. However, you might have some chips that cook dinner sooner than others. I like to recommend checking them at 15 minutes after which once more each 5 minutes till you hit 25-30 minutes whole. You might have to take away some chips from the sheet (in order that they don’t burn) and put the others again within the oven for a couple of minutes longer.
Parsnips have such a scrumptious style, so I solely seasoned my chips with sea salt. However, you may as well add garlic powder, rosemary, basil, or your different favourite seasonings.
For another recipes with parsnips, try:
If you make this recipe, be sure you fee and overview it within the feedback beneath, and don’t overlook to tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall on Instagram! Looking for one thing completely completely different? Browse the recipe library.
Easy Baked Parsnip Chips
An straightforward baked root vegetable chip recipe that makes for a nutritious snack for events, sport day, or only a weekday afternoon.
Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 folks
- Four cups parsnips – thinly sliced with a mandoline, ~Four-5 giant parsnips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/Four tsp sea salt – extra to style
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line two giant baking sheets with parchment paper. Depending on the scale of your parsnips, you could possibly match all of them onto one sheet.
Scrub and trim the parsnips. Use a mandoline to slice them into skinny discs, concerning the measurement of a dime or quarter. You may also use a pointy knife, however you seemingly will not be capable to slice them as skinny.
Put the parsnip discs in a big mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and blend till the discs are barely coated. They shouldn’t be drenched in oil.
Spread the chips out evenly on the baking sheets, and watch out to not overlap. Transfer the sheets to the second and third oven racks, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or till the chips are crispy and now not tender within the center. Start checking them as early as 15 minutes to see if it’s good to take away a number of the smaller discs earlier than they burn after which put the remainder again within the oven.
Sprinkle the chips with sea salt and luxuriate in!
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: Threeg | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 998mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg