Get dinner on the desk in lower than 30 minutes with this scrumptious butternut squash noodles recipe! Spiralized butternut squash paired with garlic shrimp, recent parsley, and lemon juice makes a tasty and wholesome meal.
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our affiliate disclosure.
As you may know, I completely love my spiralizer. Honestly, if I didn’t retailer it within the highest cupboard in my kitchen, I’d most likely use it for each meal. #ShortPeopleProblems.
Even although I’m a veggie noodle fanatic, I didn’t know that you may spiralize butternut squash till lately! After I discovered this necessary tidbit of knowledge, I knew that I had to make use of squash noodles in a Veg World recipe ASAP.
But what would I pair with them?! First, I wished so as to add a fast protein (shrimp) to make this dish a whole meal. Next, I brainstormed seasonings. For reference, butternut squash noodles style much like pumpkin however have a sweeter and nuttier taste.
Since garlic and lemon go along with absolutely anything, they had been the primary two flavors I considered when creating this dish, and the tip end result exceeded my expectations. Both shrimp and butternut squash proved to be ideally suited companions for this taste profile.
Besides the scrumptious style, there are so many the explanation why you’ll love this recipe, together with:
- It takes <30 minutes to make.
- The leftovers make an incredible subsequent day lunch.
- You don’t even must personal a spiralizer to make it (yep, most shops promote butternut squash noodles now)!
PS – in the event you love veggie noodles, you should definitely take a look at my Sage Brown Butter Kohlrabi Noodles, Sesame Bell Pepper and Cucumber Noodle Salad, and Turnip Noodles with Eggs and Chives whilst you’re right here!
Tips for Making Butternut Squash Noodles and Where to Buy Them
To make butternut squash noodles with a spiralizer:
- Peel the squash. Then, slice off the stem and backside a part of the squash that incorporates the seeds (the place the neck of the squash meets the broader and rounder half).
- Put solely the neck of the squash by way of a spiralizer. To stop meals waste, be happy to take away the seeds and cube up the underside of the squash so as to add to the dish whereas it’s cooking.
Depending on the type of spiralizer you may have, you can also make skinny or thick noodles for this recipe, as pictured within the above pictures. I’ve tried it each methods, and whereas I really like the looks of thick noodles, the thinner noodles are simpler to prepare dinner. So, it’s as much as you!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you will discover pre-made butternut squash noodles, corresponding to Cece’s model, at most grocery shops.
Garlic Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles and Shrimp – Step by Step
After you prep the noodles, the remainder of the recipe is extremely simple. Add butter, garlic, and the shrimp to a big skillet over medium warmth. At the identical time, add the butternut squash noodles to a different skillet with garlic and olive oil.
Once they’re each cooked, mix the shrimp and noodles in a single skillet, add lemon juice and recent parsley to style, and BOOM. That’s ALL there may be to it!
Expert Tips and Notes
- You can use recent or frozen (and thawed) shrimp for this recipe. Be certain to get shrimp that has been peeled and deveined, until you need to do this your self!
- Shrimp often take about 5-7 minutes to prepare dinner. Flip them over within the skillet after three minutes. You know they’re cooked when the flesh is barely white in colour, with none gray remaining.
- Other seasoning concepts: dill, crimson pepper flakes, crimson wine vinegar
- Don’t have butternut squash noodles? Use candy potato noodles as an alternative.
- Store leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days. Reheat within the microwave on excessive for a few minutes.
Craving some extra butternut squash? Check out my Whipped Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Dip, Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Brown Rice Risotto, and Butternut Squash and Beet Pizza.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to listen to the way it seems! Be certain to charge and assessment it within the feedback under, and don’t overlook to tag and comply with me on Instagram.
Garlic Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles and Shrimp
A fast and straightforward spin on conventional pasta with shrimp, served with a easy olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
Print Pin Rate
Servings: three folks
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 pound shrimp – recent or frozen (thawed); peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp butter – can sub ghee or further virgin olive oil
- four tbsp further virgin olive oil – divided
- 6 cloves garlic – minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice – from ~1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp recent parsley – extra to style
- Sea salt – to style
Peel the butternut squash. Slice off the underside portion with the seeds. You will solely be capable to spiralize the highest portion, and may cube and add the underside half whereas the recipe is cooking if desired. Use a spiralizer to arrange the butternut squash noodles.
In a big skillet, warmth 2 tbsp olive oil and three cloves minced garlic over medium excessive warmth. Add noodles and stir till coated. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or till noodles are tender, stirring sometimes.
In a separate medium skillet, warmth 2 tbsp butter and three cloves garlic over medium excessive warmth. Add the shrimp. Cook for five to 7 minutes or till shrimp are absolutely cooked, flipping over midway by way of. Add shrimp to butternut squash noodles. Remove each skillets from warmth.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the final 2 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. Toss shrimp and noodles within the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to style. Enjoy!
- You will know the shrimp are cooked when the flesh is barely white in colour, with none gray remaining.
- Other seasoning concepts: dill, crimson pepper flakes, crimson wine vinegar. You also can substitute candy potato noodles.
- Leftovers will be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days and reheated within the microwave.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 507.73kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.08g | Protein: 33.95g | Fat: 28.62g | Saturated Fat: 7.72g | Cholesterol: 401.08mg | Sodium: 303.29mg | Potassium: 1039.79mg | Fiber: 5.21g | Sugar: 5.84g | Vitamin A: 27032.88IU | Vitamin C: 67.99mg | Calcium: 353.78mg | Iron: 5.34mg
This submit was initially revealed in 2018 however was up to date with extra pictures and professional ideas in Oct 2019.
Have an incredible weekend!