I really feel a bit as if the freefall of 2020 is calming a bit. Yes, I simply knocked on some wooden after typing that and sending out into the interwebs.
I’m again within the workplace full-time. It feels good, even with a masks on. I’ve adjusted to carrying one thing aside from black leggings, even when some days I can solely muster up the hassle for scrubs. Bras, nonetheless, stay the satan. D-E-V-I-L. I’ve no use for them.
I’ve finished my hair AND make-up for four consecutive days now and that hasn’t occurred in MONTHS. OH-EM-GEE – MONTHS. That’s simply madness. I received on a Teams name earlier this week and my co-worker goes, “Nicole, that hair! It looks fabulous!” Made my week!
I’ve been filling out paperwork for Shea’s public college enrollment as a result of that’s supposedly taking place in a couple of quick months. Hold it collectively, Nicole…maintain it collectively. She’s extremely excited and if college doesn’t occur, I’m going to have one unhappy, cute little blonde on my arms! She counted to 1,000 by 10’s at present. She’s asking the way to spell phrases like “princesses” and “pineapple”, asking if she ought to use higher or lowercase letters. She MAKES HER BED! Such just a little grownup, that one!
I’ve been getting anxious to see our households – I informed Mark that I used to be prepared…and he talked me out of getting something deliberate. We’ll wait out the keep at dwelling order. I imply, we’ve made it this far! And as I’ve shared, we’ve made some nice recollections and traditions that can final lengthy past covid-19 instances.
First, film evening. This ought to have been a factor for a very long time, particularly with a projector within the basement. It’s now a factor and includes popcorn. We love our air popper! Sometimes it’s simply troublesome to clarify that not EVERY evening is film evening…as tempting as that may be!
New traditions additionally contain baked donuts. After many months with out use, I dusted off these donut pans and we’ve been experimenting with many recipes. Always baked, nearly all the time scrumptious. Perhaps most scrumptious of our efforts throughout quarantine? These Glazed Chocolate Donuts. I do know they’re not all that enticing, particularly in comparison with these…however MAN, they’re GOOD!
Glazed Chocolate Donuts
Author: Nicole Morrissey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: eight minutes
Total time: 18 minutes
Serves: 12 glazed donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp entire milk plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Mist donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the vanilla, egg, yogurt, milk, and oil.
- Stir the moist elements into the dry till simply mixed. Spoon the batter into the donut wells, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for eight minutes or till the tops spring again if you contact them. Allow the donuts to chill for 2-Three minutes earlier than inserting on a wire cooling rack to chill utterly.
- Meanwhile, whisk collectively the glazed elements till clean. Dunk the tops of the donuts within the glaze* and place on a wire rack to set, about 5 minutes.
Serving dimension: 1 glazed donut Calories: 183 Fat: 6.7 Carbohydrates: 29.Three Sugar: 20.1 Sodium: 111 Fiber: zero.83 Protein: 2.6 Cholesterol: 15
Love baked donuts? You may love: