When you consider lasagna, you in all probability consider a really dense, tacky, gooey brick of pasta, sauce, and cheese. Comfort meals. Tastes good taking place, however sits with you for hours like a lead balloon in your abdomen. Blah.
The concern is that we love lasagna. We don’t wish to lower it out of our eating regimen, so we did some experimenting. What if we advised you that we had been in a position to lighten lasagna up rather a lot and made it style even higher? Well, we did! The secret? No pasta! None. Zip. Instead, we layer eggplant, zucchini, and pink pepper strips. This nonetheless permits for a hearty and satisfying meal, however with no guilt. And sure, a great chunk of energy are lower out by subbing in these greens rather than lasagna sheets. This additionally means our dinner meal is gluten free! Perfect.
We love this dish since there are a large amount of veggies in our lasagna, however the children nonetheless like it due to the cheese and marinara sauce. Oh sure, wealthy ricotta and freshly grated parmesan cheese are layered in our lasagna – tacky goodness in each chunk. Lemon zest and basil add additional notes to this recipe, shortly making this a weekday favourite. Not to say it’s an ideal dish to deliver to any ceremonial dinner (everybody shall be impressed that you just made lasagna AND love you for making it more healthy). Even higher, you can also make a giant serving and have some leftovers for later within the week.
Enjoy the U Rock Girl grilled vegetable lasagna recipe!
Everyone went completely nuts over this recipe! 😉
- 2 eggplants, peeled and lower lengthwise into 1/Four-inch thick slices
- three zucchini lower lengthwise into 1/Four-inch thick slices
- olive oil cooking spray
- sea salt
- recent floor black pepper
- 2 pink bell peppers, quartered (fast sub – use a jar of roasted bell peppers)
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese (vegan choice: make your personal cashew ricotta cheese)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/Four cup recent grated Parmesan cheese (vegan sub dietary yeast)
- 1/Four cup recent minced basil + 1/Four cup basil for topping
- 1 (26 oz.) jar natural marinara sauce
- 1. Preheat broiler. Prepare 2 cookie sheets by overlaying with aluminum foil and coating with olive oil cooking spray. Lay eggplant slices on one pan and zucchini slices on the opposite pan. Lightly coat with salt and pepper. Place sheet pans within the oven below the broiler and prepare dinner 1-2 minutes on either side. Remove to a plate to chill. Repeat with remaining vegetable slices.
- 2. Place bell peppers below the broiler and permit the pores and skin to blacken. Remove from oven and place in a paper bag; seal bag and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove peppers from bag and peel off the blackened pores and skin. Slice into lengthy strips and place on the plate with the opposite greens.
- three. Combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest, garlic, egg, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper; put aside.
- Four. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 5. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce on the underside of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the eggplant slices, adopted by 1/2 of the zucchini slices, after which 1/2 of the pepper strips. Spread half of the ricotta cheese over the greens. Top with 1 cup marinara sauce.
- 6. Repeat the layers.
- 7. Sprinkle 1/Four cup Parmesan cheese excessive. Cover pan with foil and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour at 375F.
- eight. Uncover, flip oven to Broil and prepare dinner three minutes or till cheese on high begins to show gentle golden colour. Remove from oven and permit to chill 15-20 minutes earlier than serving. Sprinkle with extra chopped recent basil.
- 9. Mangia!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
| Total Fat|
| Saturated Fat||zero|
| Trans Fat|
| Total Carbohydrate|
| Dietary Fiber||zero|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen. Your each day values could also be larger or decrease relying in your calorie wants.
U Rock Girl