Overnight oats are one of the crucial widespread methods to eat oats – for a very good purpose! This easy no-cook recipe is flexible, moveable, filling, nutritious, and handy. I’m updating my previous KERF web page as a brand new put up with every little thing you could learn about considered one of my favourite breakfasts! //
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are oats soaked within the liquid you place them in – any type of liquid you want however mostly milk – for a number of hours as much as a day or two. Generally the ratio is 1:1 oats to take advantage of, and I like a 3rd part of yogurt for a 1:1:1 ratio. Chia seeds additionally assist the entire combination gel collectively. That’s the bottom, and toppings are limitless. There is NO COOKING concerned in any respect! (Although you could possibly warmth them only a tiny bit within the microwave to take the nippiness out.)
- Oats – rolled oats are greatest, however you need to use fast or immediate oats too. Steel minimize oats are a bit too robust to “cook” simply by soaking alone.
- Liquid – I like cow’s milk, however you need to use almond, coconut and even thinner liquids like espresso or juice
- Yogurt or chia seeds – the oats will nonetheless absorb no matter liquid you employ with out these, however I like each for a thicker texture. Greek yogurt will lend to the thickest texture and highest protein.
- Pinch of salt – I believe this can be a obligatory part!
- Sweetener – I personally don’t add any, however you need to use honey, jam, or maple syrup for a pure choice
Yerba Mate with Pistachios and Honey
Gingerbread + Biscoff
Why are in a single day oats the most effective breakfast recipe for busy folks?
- There isn’t any cooking, stirring, or cleansing of pots
- You could make oats on prep day and luxuriate in them through the week
- When ready in a jar or container with a lid, you may take them to work with you.
- They’re the right journey breakfast that may be made in a mini fridge with no kitchen (or soak oats in water and add pantry staples for a fridge-free choice!)
- The recipe is so versatile you may customise it any means you want
- They by no means get boring: eat oats on a regular basis and check out a brand new topping every time!
Overnight Oats Health Benefits & Nutritional Info
You’ll hit all the main macronutrient classes with this recipe: complete grain carbohydrates, protein from milk and yogurt, and wholesome fats from chia seeds. This simple breakfast will preserve you full all morning lengthy. My favourite combination is equal elements quaint rolled oats, 2% cow’s milk and complete milk yogurt. You can use any type of yogurt or milk you want – almond milk or coconut yogurt.
The fundamental KERF recipe with 1/three cup oats, 2% milk, complete Greek yogurt, and half a tablespoon of chia seeds supplies just below 250 energy, 27 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fiber, 14 grams of protein, and 9 grams of fats. Super filling with none toppings! You’ll additionally recover from 100% of your DV for calcium from the milk and yogurt and 26% (ha!) of your DV for vitamin A. The fiber content material, particularly when you use chia seeds, will assist help in digestion and preserve you full longer.
Overnight Oats Ingredients
In addition to the bottom recipe, you may add as many substances as you may dream up. I like to make use of some type of fruit (to spherical out a nutritious breakfast!) after which varied completely different textures from there. There are so many alternative taste and topping variations, and the creativity is limitless! You gained’t wish to put something in you don’t thoughts getting soggy (i.e. crunchy cereals) the evening earlier than, however I like a little bit crunch the day of.
Topping + Mix In Ideas
- Fresh berries
- Sliced banana
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped apples
- Whipped coconut
- Whipped cream (!)
- Dried fruit
- Chia seeds
- Ground flax
- Hemp seeds
- Cocoa powder
- PB2 or powdered peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Overnight Oats
- In a jar or bowl, stir collectively oats, milk, yogurt, pinch of salt, chia seeds and any spices you’re utilizing.
- You can add any optionally available substances that you simply don’t thoughts getting soggy right here, like banana or berries.
- Cover and retailer in fridge for a number of hours or in a single day. They will preserve within the fridge for a number of days in case you are a prep day gal!
- Remove from fridge, add toppings, and luxuriate in instantly or on the go.
Basic KERF Recipe
Overnight oats are simply oats soaked in a single day that take in the liquid you place them in – any type of liquid you want! The most typical combination is equal elements uncooked rolled oats, milk and yogurt (I like 1/three or half of cup of every). You can use any type of yogurt or milk. Put within the fridge in a single day (uncovered or lined, your selection) and let ’em absorb the liquids.
- 1/three cup rolled oats
- 1/three cup milk of your selection
- 1/three cup plain Greek yogurt You can use common non-Greek yogurt too!
- 1/three cup recent or frozen fruit Berries, banana, chopped apple!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds Optional, however they may assist it thicken up!
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Stir every little thing collectively in a bowl.
Place in fridge in a single day.
In the morning high with one thing crunchy and one thing with wholesome fat – like nut butter or nuts.