These Pizza Bites are a nod to the well-known Bagel Bites that modified my household’s after college snack sport within the 90s. We have been handled to those on uncommon events not solely as a result of they have been a bit of expensive, however as a result of it wasn’t frequent on the time to have a ready-made product offered in shops that was allergy pleasant. While the nostalgia for these snacks stays, I discover it simpler (and far cheaper) to make these little guys at dwelling. It’s additionally a easy and enjoyable snack for teenagers to assist put collectively.
I used FODMAP pleasant shredded mozzarella for this, however you’ll be able to simply make it allergy pleasant or vegan through the use of a plant-milk primarily based cheese. You can get inventive with the toppings, use simply cheese or add on the percentages and ends hanging round in your fridge or pantry. The base of those bites are leftover dinner rolls I had from a potluck. Stale bread makes for nice Pizza Bites and saves it from being thrown away.
- Six dinner rolls of alternative, sliced in half
- 1 cup tomato sauce of alternative
- 1 cup shredded cheese of alternative (use extra if you would like it additional tacky)
- 1 cup toppings of alternative (leftover roasted veggies/sausage work effectively)
- Dried Italian herbs, to style
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce onto every halved roll.
- This is the place the talk of including the cheese first or the toppings first hits a grey space. Some folks love bubbly cheese blanketed over the toppings. Others need the crispy toppings masking the cheese. These are your Pizza Bites; layer nevertheless you need!
- Sprinkle Pizza Bites with Italian herbs earlier than baking at 375°F for 5-10 minutes till toppings are scorching and cheese is bubbly. Eat whereas they’re scorching.
Note: All components will be custom-made to accommodate your tolerance of FODMAPs and for meals allergy symptoms. These freeze and reheat very well. Make a batch or two and freeze with a layer of parchment paper in between the Pizza Bites so that they don’t stick collectively.
What might be your go-to topping for these Pizza Bites? Let me know within the feedback under and don’t neglect to subscribe to my weblog and test in for my common posts over on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.