This distinctive and scrumptious Potato Leek Pizza recipe is a family-friendly meal that everybody will love! Using entire wheat pita bread as the bottom hastens the method, as a way to bask in your particular person pizza earlier than later.
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, see my affiliate disclosure.
I’m overly enthusiastic about this Potato Leek Pizza, you guys!!! It’s one among my favorites from this winter’s recipe testing. But I do know what you might be considering…potatoes on pizza? Really?
Hear me out. This wonderful combo was impressed by the Boise pizza at Pizzeria Lola right here in Minneapolis. Will and I first found it after a protracted day of yard work this summer season, when a crispy pizza with potatoes and caramelized onions proved to be precisely what our ravenous selves wanted.
I’ve been fascinated by replicating it ever since, and it lastly occurred. This model makes use of leeks as a substitute of caramelized onions, and a easy garlic olive oil base instead of Lola’s cream sauce.
It’s scrumptious, fascinating, and so enjoyable!
How to Make Potato Leek Pizza
First, prep the toppings. Use a mandoline to slice a Yukon gold potato into paper skinny slices. Then, use a knife to slice the inexperienced backside a part of a leek in half after which into half moons. Put the leeks in a bowl with chilly water to clean them off.
You additionally must cook dinner the potato slices earlier than making the pizzas. The simplest way to do that is to deliver a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the slices, and cook dinner for Three-Four minutes till tender. Make certain they’re not falling aside.
While the potatoes are cooking, sautee the leeks in slightly little bit of olive oil. You may also shred the gruyere cheese in order that it’s prepared for topping.
- Brush every entire wheat pizza with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pop within the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Top with some chopped rosemary and a sprinkle of gruyere cheese
- Add a layer of potato slices, leeks, extra shredded gruyere cheese, and one other sprinkle of rosemary.
Pop these infants within the oven and cook dinner till the cheese is melted. Yummmm. You can whip up a facet salad whereas they’re baking, or not, since they’re loaded with veggies in any case.
- To slice the potatoes, it’s also possible to use a really sharp knife. But a mandoline works greatest to get them to be as skinny as attainable.
- I used Yukon gold potatoes, however you should utilize any sort of potato as long as they’re sliced skinny.
- If you make the toppings upfront, these pizzas come collectively in a flash. You can prep the skinny, cooked potato slices, sautéed leeks, and shredded cheese as much as Three days upfront.
- Don’t skip the step of brushing the pitas with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. It provides plenty of taste.
- You may also use common pizza crust or naan bread as the bottom for Potato Leek Pizza.
Don’t you simply need to dive proper in?! As you may see beneath, you may reduce every pita into a couple of slices. But hey, if you wish to go all in and forgo the slices, do it!
More Veggie Pizza Recipes
If you want this Potato Leek Pizza, you’re in luck! Check out these different recipes:
If you make this recipe, be sure you fee and evaluate it utilizing the celebs on the recipe card or within the feedback, and don’t overlook to observe and tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall on Instagram! Looking for one thing completely totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Potato Leek Pizza on Pita
Personal pizzas with a scrumptious mixture of flavors from potatoes, leeks, recent rosemary, and gruyere.
Print Pin Rate
Servings: Four pizzas
- 1 Yukon gold potato – thinly sliced with a mandoline, needs to be paper skinny
- 1 leek – inexperienced half solely, sliced into half moons and cleaned in a bowl of water
- Four entire wheat pitas
- Three tbsp olive oil
- Four cloves garlic – minced or pressed
- Sea salt – to style
- Ground black pepper – to style
- 2 tbsp recent rosemary – finely chopped, extra to style
- 2 cups gruyere cheese – freshly shredded
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Bring a small saucepan with salted water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the thinly sliced potatoes and cook dinner for Three-Four minutes till they’re tender however not falling aside. Drain the water and set the potato slices apart.
While the potatoes are cooking, sautee the leeks in slightly little bit of olive oil in a skillet over medium warmth for Four-5 minutes. Remove from warmth and put aside.
In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and garlic. Brush every pita with the garlic oil. Add salt and pepper to tase. Transfer the pitas to a few baking sheets and pop within the oven for Three-Four minutes.
Remove them from the oven. Top every pita with a sprinkle of rosemary, a skinny layer of shredded cheese, a layer of cooked potato slices, a layer of leeks, and one other layer of cheese. Add extra rosemary to style. Put the pizzas again within the oven for 7-10 minutes, or till the cheese is melted.
- Make the cooked potatoes and leeks as much as Three days upfront. Store in hermetic containers within the fridge.
- You can sub common pizza crust or naan bread as the bottom for these pizzas.
- These are greatest loved instantly, however leftovers could be reheated within the oven at 350 levels F for 5-7 minutes.
- You may also use a pointy knife to slice the potatoes when you don’t have a mandoline.
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1026IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 710mg | Iron: Fourmg