You know what I’m SOOOO excited for? A brand new mattress. It’s en route. After spending 2 nights in a resort earlier this month, I’m now 100% sure my mattress is complete CRAP and the trigger for my again ache. Let’s hope Consumer Reports didn’t lead me astray — I by no means pictured myself in a mattress that ranked 7 out of 10 on the “firmness” scale, however one thing’s gotta give. P.S. Mattresses are SOOOO costly, I’d forgotten this!
As quickly as I determine my again, I’ll work on my legs. They’re nonetheless lead-like. They in all probability want 2-Three consecutive days of relaxation, however…I’m not rest-er. I’m a go-go-go’er and love my train. Taking away train is like taking away happiness when it’s January in Michigan. What else is there?
There’s artwork. That’s what there may be. In case you missed my Instagram put up, my eating room is a literal artwork studio. You can’t see the tabletop floor. At all. Whatsoever. It has been taken over by huge Picasso and little Picasso, as they’re singing on the high of their lungs the Frozen 2 Soundtrack. On repeat.
Many of the phrases are flawed and Shea insists it’s “Into the Under”, not “Into the Unknown.” It’s like nails on the chalkboard everrrry time . How do you rationalize with a 5-year-old who doesn’t but learn and an Idina Menzel who doesn’t pronounce “unknown” very effectively in her tune? Send assist. Almost 92 million views of the tune on YouTube – inform me another person’s youngster is royally confused!
Shea can also be confused about my obsession with pumpkin and the truth that it’s not fall. “Mom, you’re only supposed to eat pumpkin in the fall and it’s winter.” hand on hip WRONG, CHILD. ALL WRONG. Pumpkin is all the time applicable, therefore, why it is available in a can and has an expiration date effectively into subsequent 12 months…or the 12 months after that.
My co-worker offered me this recipe and I made some tweaks, first of which was doubling it as a result of mornings that I can pull breakfast from the freezer are ones that are likely to lead to much less frustration on my finish. I additionally diminished the sugar by, like, 60-70% and added chocolate chips. Give and take, give and take. They turned out nice and are most positively kid-tested and RD mother-approved. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Author: Nicole Morrissey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 16 bars
- four cups rolled oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- four tsp cinnamon
- 2 giant eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- four tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Mist two Eight-inch x Eight-inch baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Set apart.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon till well-combined. Mix within the eggs, pumpkin, almond milk, syrup, sugar, and vanilla till absolutely integrated. Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the combination into the underside of every baking dish, spreading into a good layer, reaching every edge and nook of the baking dish and smoothing the highest.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool earlier than slicing into Eight bars.
Serving measurement: 1 bar Calories: 173 Fat: Three.6 Carbohydrates: 32.9 Sugar: 14.Eight Sodium: 155 Fiber: Three.9 Protein: four.1 Cholesterol: 22