Are you on the lookout for a more healthy various to this deep-fried traditional with lower than 1 gram of fats per serving? Look no additional than these Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns. Spaghetti squash is of course low in energy and carbohydrates, however excessive in fiber and nutritional vitamins. Sneakily enhance your vegetable consumption and serve these as the right aspect dish in your breakfast plate.
Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns
1 hour 33 minutes
Author: Alexa Tiletile, Dietetic Intern
Recipe kind: Side Dish
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup contemporary parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to style
- Non-stick cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut squash in half lengthwise. If the squash is just too agency to chop, microwave for about Three-Four minutes, or till simply pierced with a knife.
Use a spoon and discard the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves, cut-side down, on the baking sheet. Depending on the dimensions of the squash, roast for about 35 to 60 minutes, or till simply pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the oven. Let stand at room temperature till cool sufficient to deal with, about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash right into a colander, separating the strands.
- Remove extra moisture and drain. Thoroughly pat dry.
- Transfer to a big bowl. Add flour, egg, onions, garlic, parsley, and salt. Mix effectively. If you discover that the combination is just too moist, add extra flour.
- Form into patties.
- Coat a skillet on medium-high warmth with non-stick spray. Cook for Three-Four minutes, with out stirring, till the underside is starting to show a golden brown.
- Flip and prepare dinner for a further Three-Four minutes. Serve and luxuriate in.
Serving dimension: 1 hash brown patty Calories: 31.5 Fat: zero.Four Saturated fats: zero.1 Carbohydrates: 6.7 Sugar: 1.7 Sodium: 68.Three Fiber: zero.eight Protein: zero.9 Cholesterol: zero.zero