- Baked tofu
- 1,000 piece puzzles
- Hints of spring
- Piper not having a damaged arm
Clearly, I’m loving some very particular issues right here these days. And when you take heed to my podcast (THANK YOU!), a few of that is more likely to be repeated on the present as a result of…my life simply isn’t that attention-grabbing! P.S. Thank you for listening and your iTunes evaluations! We’re having a lot enjoyable!
Starting on the backside of that record: Piper. I didn’t actually suppose her arm was damaged, however there was the possibility. Shea pulled on her arm fairly good yesterday morning and Piper proceeded to not use her arm for the subsequent three hours, saying it damage and there have been intermittent tears. Around 1pm, we went to pressing care and the PA manipulated it again into place. We confirmed with x-ray that each one was good to go and she or he was rewarded with a delicate serve from DQ. She actually was robust and courageous!
I’ll anxiously await that invoice.
The climate is within the 40’s all week. It’s May. Maybe winter did utterly neglect to point out face this 12 months. So bizarre.
Mark was presupposed to journey three weeks this month, however…COVID-19. Of course that is nice, howeverrrr…I had bought my subsequent 1,000 piece puzzle that I “promised” to not begin till he was out of city. I are likely to get a bit obsessed and gained’t depart it alone till it’s completed.
Well, along with his journey canceled this month, I began the puzzle on Friday night and by Sunday at supper time, it was in all probability 75% completed. I used to be additionally gone almost all day on Saturday and labored on it little or no on Sunday till 4pm. Those issues are addicting and my little chicks are completely happy to hangout within the “art room” as I do my puzzle and so they do artwork or play or “help” 😊
Now, for that tofu. I’ve been consuming rather more plant-based and loving it. Much of that with because of tofu. I’ve made tofu for years however I’m falling in love yet again. The baking is really easy and the feel is nice. I’ve bought it all the way down to a science and even when you THINK you gained’t prefer it, you in all probability will. My entire crew gobbles it up!
This recipe was despatched over from my sister-in-law. It got here collectively shortly and was BIG on taste. Spicy but creamy and barely candy from the peanut butter and brown sugar. You can throw in additional veggies and make it extra of a stew than a soup, too. I’ll for SURE be making this once more – NOM!
Vegan Panang Tofu Curry
Author: Nicole Morrissey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: four servings
- 14 ouncesextra agency tofu
- nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ tsp salt and black pepper, to style
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pink onion, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ serrano chili, seeds and membrane eliminated, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp panang curry paste*
- three Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 6-7 child potatoes, quartered (~eight oz)
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pink bell pepper, thinly sliced and slices lower in half
- 1 cup broccoli florets (small florets)
- ⅓ cup basil, chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of ½ lime
- three cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and put aside. Drain tofu; lower width-wise to create 2 thinner blocks of tofu. Using layered paper towel, gently press extra moisture from the tofu. Cut into ¾-inch cubes and prepare in a single layer on the baking sheet. Mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warmth oil in a pot over medium warmth. Once scorching, add the onion, ginger, garlic, and serrano. Saute for three minutes till onion is softened; add the panang curry paste and peanut butter; saute for 1 minute.
- Add broth, coconut milk, turmeric, soy sauce, and brown sugar; stir and enhance to medium-high. Add potatoes and carrots. Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add the bell pepper and broccoli; stir and prepare dinner for five minutes. Stir in ready tofu, basil, lime zest, and lime juice. Serve over scorching rice.
Serving dimension: ¼ recipe Calories: 627 Fat: 28.5 Carbohydrates: 70.5 Sugar: 13.eight Sodium: 876 Fiber: 7.5 Protein: 21.eight Cholesterol: zero
Weekly Menu: March 1st – fifth
- Sunday: beef tacos with avocado, corn, rice
- Monday: lobster ravioli with inexperienced beans and salad
- Tuesday: hen and shrimp fajitas
- Wednesday: leftovers or out for dinner
- Thursday: Cauliflower Cream Pasta from Thug Kitchen