Well, we survived Great Wolf Lodge. Four children (5 and underneath) and 4 adults. It was principally enjoyable, whilst somebody who doesn’t love swimming pools (I’m a seashore lady) or teams of individuals (SO MANY PEOPLE!). Getting eight individuals with totally different sleep wants and 1 who snores (responsible!) to get some high quality sleep, was…difficult. It was like a hearth drill all evening, rotating children into totally different beds and sleeping preparations.
We wore our ladies out for two hours earlier than throwing them within the automobile for the three.5+ hour trek residence on Sunday, and so they each slept. HARD. Piper woke with about an hour to go, however she simply frolicked within the again, quietly singing Frozen II. Shea woke about 10 minutes from residence. Girlfriend was WHIPPED.
Mark drove each methods so I may 1. learn my e-book membership e-book and end earlier than Wednesday after we meet and a couple of. plan out the weekly menu and place the grocery record order to be delivered after we arrived residence. We didn’t enable sufficient time for grocery procuring earlier than hockey – DARN 😉
Had I REALLY been environment friendly with my time, I’d’ve posted this right here weblog submit, however typically, it’s good to mentally take a look at of the to-do record that’s without end tabulating in my mind. I used to by no means be capable of sleep with to-do’s left undone and now I simply caffeinate every morning and hope for the perfect. What can I say?
What was time environment friendly was making dinner on Sunday evening, all whereas making breakfast for the week – these muffins! My pal texted to say they had been successful (I’ve a number of buddies who’re cooking by means of Thug Kitchen proper now!). The ladies helped (i.e. had been in my method within the kitchen and making a large number), however they had been fairly enthusiastic about the entire carrot and apple shredding. They would STILL be shredding apples and carrots had I not intervened…nonetheless, their fingers/arms had been secure from any harm on the tempo with which they had been shifting.
I’ve by no means had dangerous end result with a vegan baked good – oil makes vegan baking nice! I’d strive a number of modifications subsequent time (famous beneath within the recipe), however total, these had been an enormous win. The ladies love them and any time I can get a fruit, vegetable, and complete grain in them earlier than faculty? BIG mother win!
Vegan Shredded Carrot and Apple Muffins
Author: Nicole Morrissey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2¼ cups complete wheat pastry flour or white wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp floor cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ cups grated carrots (about three)
- ⅓ cup grated apple (about 1)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Mist a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt till well-combined. In a smaller bowl, whisk collectively the almond milk, carrots, apple, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract till well-combined.
- Pour the moist components into the dry and blend till almost integrated. Fold within the chopped walnuts. Using a ⅓ cup scoop, fill every muffin properly ¾ths-full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or till golden and an inserted toothpick is cleanly eliminated. Cool for 15 minutes earlier than eradicating from the muffin tin.
Recipe from Thug Kitchen
Possible tweaks so as to add a little bit of sweetness: substitute half the almond milk with applesauce and/or add ½ cup raisins (along with the walnuts or changing)
Serving dimension: 1 muffin Calories: 201 Fat: eight.2 Carbohydrates: 29.three Sugar: 10.5 Sodium: 248 Fiber: three.6 Protein: 1.zero Cholesterol: zero
Weekly Menu: February 23rd – 27th